August 21, 2015

Taking Stock, vol. II

Making: a fox scarf for my brother
Cooking: lots of chicken stock. We have too much.
Drinking: ice water. aaah.
Reading: more Mitford books.
Wanting: a fitbit.
Looking: forward to seeing Joseph (again) at Sight and Sound.
Playing: nothin'.
Wasting: time. duh.
Sewing: nothing, again.
Wishing: our schedule had more room for friends. le sigh.
Enjoying: reviewing Spanish--I didn't forget everything!
Waiting: for the show this evening (as stated above).
Liking: all the birthday cake we've had around recently.
Wondering: if I should sleep or make myself walk on the treadmill. Hmm. Maybe both.
Loving: my littlest niece's sweet smile and my eldest niece's chattering.
Hoping: the hawk doesn't get any of the chickens. He has returned...
Marveling: how similar my Mom and her sister are: the way they pronounce certain words, which words they put stress on, how they play with their hair, etc.
Needing: a nap.
Smelling: heat (when I step out of the lovely, air-conditioned house, that is).
Wearing: cute headbands.
Following: where my stomach leads. Which usually means cheese or something.
Noticing: how hunched over I am while typing this. *straightens*
Knowing: I should be practicing voice lessons.
Thinking: I probably won't.
Feeling: a little guilty.
Bookmarking: articles about GMO's.

1 comment:

  1. This seems and exercise in practicing presence...
    Understanding where you are and what you are thinking.
    More than just paying attention to the "shinny ball" that may be in front of your face but paying attention to, as John O'Donahue might say the "interiority of yourself."
    daddus

    ReplyDelete