October 15, 2015

Taking Stock, Vol. V

Making: ~
Cooking: not a whole lot, at least compared to last week! 
Drinking: chamomile tea and chocolate milk.
Reading: the Leviathan series, by Scott Westerfeld. I think this is my third time around. :)
Wanting: to run more, especially outside. Unfortunately, no one else in my family wants too, so I wouldn't have a running partner. Maybe I can bribe someone with cookies....
Looking: forward to when all our mini-butternut squashes are ripe. Stuffed, thrown in a soup, pureed....
Playing: my Pride and Prejudice station on Pandora. 
Wasting: avocados. When Mom and Dad were in England, I kept wishing we had avocados. Little did I know that there was a bag slowly rotting away in the corner. oops.
Sewing: nothing, but I would love to knit little booties for my youngest niece. I don't think I has da skills though.
Wishing: ~
Enjoying: the sunshine of the past few days. I was able to do school-reading outside, which was a nice change.
Waiting: for my analytical essay to come back, butchered by my older sister. Ah well, that is what rough drafts are all about. :)
Liking: all the souvenirs my parents brought back from England (hey, this doesn't have to apply to the internet all the time, does it?). These include little recipe booklets for traditional Welsh and British food, which I'm quite excited about (there's a LOT of lamb involved).
Wondering: ~
Loving: soup I made up last night. I had it for supper, then breakfast, and then lunch! It was just beef with carrots, golden beets, leftover mashed cauliflower, and peas, but I whipped in some dried sage, white pepper, turmeric, rosemary, fennel seeds, red wine vinegar, garlic, and salt. With some chimmichurri and butter to top it off. Delicious!
Hoping: ~
Marveling: ~
Needing: ~
Smelling: honey. See why below.
Wearing: food on my face. I've been slathering raw honey all over my face in the mornings, leaving it on for a few minutes, and then rinsing it off. 
Following: Carrie Vitt, the author of that amazing brownie recipe I linked to last week, and some amazing cinnamon rolls I made on Friday. 
Noticing: the leaves changing color. Gold, rust, and red. The chickens like eating all the berries on the bushes and small trees, too. :)
Knowing: we need to harvest most of the veggies this Saturday (except the kale), since it's supposed to get down to 31 that night. Which means we will have piles of lettuce. Which means I will be eating lots of salad next week. Not that I'm complaining. #saladvore
Thinking: that our chickens are heading for the stewpot. Egg production has dropped considerably in the last few days (even though it's been sunny and warm), and I don't want to buy feed for them during the winter. So maybe we'll butcher them this year and get a new batch in the spring. 
Feeling: pretty good, considering last week's grumpy post. :) PSATs were yesterday. English sections were good, math sections are wanting in...umm...everything. Oh well, it was only practice! School's not as hectic and I think I've got things in order.
Bookmarking: ~

No comments:

Post a Comment