October 30, 2015

Taking Stock, Vol. VI

Making: cute labels for our kombucha bottles.
Cooking: lots of chicken stock. We typically roast two chickens at a time, once a week, and make two batches of stock out of the carcasses. 
Drinking: coconut water (BB's score).
Reading: Captain Blood, by Rafael Sabatini.
Wanting: ~
Looking: at Bauman College. I'm very interested in studying holistic nutrition, but not a fan of the new age-y stuff that can come along with it. The Natural Chef and Nutrition Consultant programs look promising, and I haven't found anything suspicious while snooping around their website. Two of their locations are in hippie-central, but they also have a long distance learning option. I've got two years left, but I like to plan. :)
Playing: pop music! I never listen to pop, but I took some of The Art in Life's recommendations (like "Fight Song"), added some of my own ideas (like "Rolling in the Deep" and some Hillsong United), and listened to them while running. Much more fun.
Wasting: time while drooling over recipes. At least I wasn't supposed to be doing anything important (and recipes are important! they inspire, they motivate, they...I'm running out of excuses).
Sewing: ~
Wishing: ~
Enjoying: The Nourishing Buzz podcast. The ladies are fun, the topics are interesting, and they give simple and doable tips. 
Waiting: ~
Liking: Forever 21, Gap, and Loft's petites and X(X)S.
Wondering: if our trees will get toilet papered tomorrow night. The local TP-gang hasn't been particularly active in the past couple years. Maybe they're all in college.
Loving: the trees. This year especially, I'm grateful we live in the country, with hills and hills of beautiful color.
Hoping: for snow. I've said it before, and I'll probably say it again. Not immediately, of course, but anytime after December 1st.
Marveling: ~
Needing: to clean out the chicken coop. humph.
Smelling: nothing. I don't think I notice that sort of thing (plus my nose has been kinda stuffy). 
Wearing: my pajamas until lunch time. Too comfortable and too lazy.
Following: Downshiftology and Honestly Nourished.
Noticing: how much Spanish I actually know when I try to have a conversation.
Knowing: I was much more relaxed with school this week. I tried not to make too many plans and overload my brain, but just got one thing done and moved on to the next, as cheerfully as I could.
Thinking: about all the things I want to make for Thanksgiving dinner.
Feeling: glad I don't have any actual allergies, so I can have something with grains or dairy if I want, and not need a trip to the ER (pecan tart? Don't mind if I do).
Bookmarking: ~

No comments:

Post a Comment