April 14, 2014

Wonderfully Forgotten.

Isn't it lovely how we forget the joy spring brings? I remember that spring brings flowers, birds, budding trees, and beautiful weather. But I don't exactly remember the feelings it brings. The excitement of seeing the first sprouts poking through the vegetable beds. The wonder of seeing our magnolia, full of pink and white blossoms, tossing its branches in the breeze. The happiness that the sound of birds can bring. 

I'm glad I don't remember.











These pictures are from a recent excursion to the pasture behind our house. I've always wanted a stream in our backyard and I just now realized that I sort of do, even if I share it with cows. :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, Rachel! Gotta love Lancaster County and it's country landscapes.

    "Forgetting" is actually really good, because when I "forget" those wonderful things and feelings that you mentioned above, it gives me the opportunity to thank God for them over and over and over every time the new season comes around! Learning to appreciate the little things in life makes everything much more pleasant, don't you agree? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does. ;) Actually, I had to write an essay about something "mundane" in my life that is still meaningful. I chose family dinners and it really made me thankful for this everyday thing that brings my family together.

      Delete